2 Cups of Warm Water
2/3 Cup Honey
1 3/4 Tablespoons Active Dry Yeast
1 1/2 Teaspoons Salt
6 Cups Bread Flour
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together warm water (100-110o) and honey until honey is dissolved. Add yeast, and cover with a towel.
- In about 10-20 minutes, your mixture should look delightfully frothy.
- Mix in the salt, and then add the bread flour one cup at a time.
- Knead the dough. There are two options:
- Add a little extra flour to your hands and knead the dough, about 5 minutes.
- Use the bread hook on a mixer to do the kneading
- Place kneaded dough in a large, greased bowl and cover with towel.
- After an hour, your dough should have risen significantly.
- Punch the dough for awhile then knead again for a couple of minutes. *Divide into two lightly-greased loaf pans and cover with your towel once more.
- After allowing the dough to rise for 30 minutes in the loaf pans, or you can form into 2 french style loaves on a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated oven at 325 for 30-35 minutes.
A lot of bread recipes use an oven at 350, 325 works better if you use honey.
I got this recipe from http://allsimplyrecipes.com/an-easy-homemade-bread-recipe/
I usually have to adjust the timing depending on conditions in the kitchen by adding a little more water or allowing more time for the bread to rise depending on the warmth of the kitchen.
Use your own judgement to make sure that bread has risen enough.