- 5 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 6 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3 cups cooked turkey, chopped or shredded
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium-large pot, add 2 tbsp oil with onions and saute for a couple minutes until onions begin to turn translucent.
- Add bell peppers and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove everything into a bowl and set aside
- Add the remaining 3 tbsp of oil, the mushrooms and garlic powder. Cook and stir occasionally for about 4-5 minutes until mushrooms are browned
- Remove mushrooms into the bowl on the side
- Make a roux by melting the butter and add then slowly add the flour. Cook while stirring for a couple minutes until it just begins to brown. Add the milk slowly while whisking the milk. Cook until it starts to thicken.
- Add soup whisk it in then add turkey and the veggies that were set aside and the frozen peas and carrots. If everything is too thick then you can thin it a bit with your choice of water or chicken stock until you get the desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook until the turkey and frozen veggies are heated through.
Serve with your choice of mashed potatoes, egg noodles, rice or toast. My favorite is leftover mashed potatoes.